Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my adventure into low carbing!

Introducing myself, I'm Emily, 32-year-old Stay at home mom (at the moment, been out of work for 6 months). I'm low carbbing to lose weight and improve my health. I'm currently looking to lose about 60 (!) lbs. on my third try on Atkins. Three years ago, I started Atkins, but just couldn't get into the groove and gave up quickly. Two years ago, I decided to give it another try. I stuck with it and lost a whopping 40 lbs in four months. I should have kept it up, but life got in the way. This past year, I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease (auto-immune Hyperthyroid disorder). Yes, hyperthyroid. I am convinced I am the fattest chick with an overactive thyroid on the planet. The only symptoms I had were an increased heart rate and mild (I say mild, my husband may not agree) case of the mood swings. The medication I am on wreaks havoc on my metabolism, making it very easy for me to gain. So a couple weeks ago, I was almost back to where I started weight-wise before loosing. Grr! I knew I had to get back on track. The losing isn't quite as easy this time around, but I have to stick to it, I know this way of life is the only way for my body. 

As per the title, I do have a kid, a seven-year-old daughter who will be enjoying (hopefully!) these low carb meals with me. I figure she gets plenty of carbs with her breakfasts and school lunches, so dinners at home will be strictly low carb. Hubby will be joining us occasionally, but he works nights, so will be MIA for most nightly meals. Hubby's Dad (heretofore to be known as HD, or occasionally PIA) lives with us and will be eating along with us since he will eat whatever I put in front of him.

Cooking is new-ish territory for me, so there will be a few hit and misses, I'm sure. Also, a lot of eating out, just because I love when other people cook for me (not because I get lazy... ok, yeah, it's because I get lazy).

Stay tuned for the good stuff... The Food!

No comments:

Post a Comment